At a glance
Learning in the Outdoors
At Oysterhaven we have over 20 years experience of providing memorable School Tour programmes for primary school children aged 8 years and over. Our aim is that the children enjoy a fun, safe learning experience developing skills and self confidence in an outdoor environment.
Our primary school programmes aim to meet the objectives set out in the Junior Cycle Physical Education curriculum including:
- Safety on the Water
- Confidence participating on Adventure Activities
- Respect and appreciation for the outdoor environment
- Our Educational School Tour programme is suitable for both swimmers and non-swimmers. Our strict code of conduct ensures a safe learning environment for all students. All our instructors are trained in Code of ethics and Good Practice for Children's Sport in Ireland and are Garda Vetted.
A full on day of action and fun - half spent on the water on our 'Aquafun' Activities and half enjoying the challenges of our 'Jungle Quest' Adventure Course. Multi Activity Day Price : €42.00 per person.
Children enjoy a fun and safe experience on the water where they rotate between Single Kayaks, Double Kayaks and our Inflatable Rafts. They get the opportunity to :
- Learn paddling skills on our single and double sit-on-top kayaks
- Show teamwork paddling our inflatable rafts
- Test their balance on our popular and bouncy 'Moonwalk'.
Key elements of 'Safety on the Water' are covered during the water session and at the end of session the children will
- Understand the need for personal safety devices
- Understand the need for safety procedures
- Learn to recognise hazards on the water
Each child leaves with a Water Safety Association leaflet and teachers are given a poster for the classroom.
Jungle Quest Adventure Course
A favourite with primary school children the jungle is bought alive by screams and shrieks of delight and excitement as each team undertake a series of challenges to include :
- Stepping Stones on the Crocodile Crossing
- Swinging on 'Tarzan Swing'
- Sliding & Crawling on Triple Trouble Combination
- A Blindfold Trust Walk
- Balancing on the Wobbly Rope Bridges
- Pulling each other across the Aerial Ropeway
- Trust, support and co-operation are developed in a fun and experiential environment along the way
'The teachers were very impressed by the way your staff dealt with the children over the course of the day. They commented on the ability of the young staff to engage with the children in a fun and friendly way while keeping control and safety' School Secretary, Scoil Naomh Fionán